Aircraft are judged throughout the event but aircraft must be registered no later than 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 3. The aircraft must remain on the ramp until judged to be eligible for Fly-In awards. Aircraft will be judged and awards presented in the following categories:
- Grand Champion
- People’s Choice
- Best In Show: – General Aviation manufactured before December 31, 1946
- Best In Show: – General Aviation manufactured after January 1, 1947
- Best In Show: – Military* manufactured before December 31, 1946
- Best In Show: – Military* manufactured after January 1, 1947
- Longest Distance Travelled in an Antique or Classic Aircraft
- Melba Bird Award for Nominated Volunteer
- Youngest Pilot to arrive PIC in Tail wheel Aircraft
- National Antique Aircraft Association Award
- Chapter Awards
- Grand Canyon State Honoree Award
* As presented. e.g. a Cub in military paint will be judged in the milatry category. A Stearman not in military colors will be judged in the GA category.
Aircraft are judged throughout the event but you must be registered no later than 2:00 p.m. on Saturday to be eligible for a Fly-In award. The aircraft must remain on the ramp until judged.
A $15 registration donation is asked per aircraft. The donation includes a Fly-In Coffee Mug. The donation also includes weekend Fly-In admission for the pilot and crew of the registered aircraft.
A donation of $10.00 per person or $20.00 per planeload is asked for transient aircraft. Registration is not required.